- Ask your insurance agent if there is anything you can do to keep the current coverage, e.g., fixing a roof, cleaning debris from the property, removing animals, etc.
- Ask your insurance agent to shop for replacement coverage in the voluntary market. Many agents have other insurance carriers that may be willing to insure your property.
- If you are unsuccessful in finding voluntary coverage, ask your insurance agent for assistance in applying for coverage through the Iowa FAIR Plan Association. All applications for coverage must be submitted by a licensed insurance agent.
- If you need help finding an insurance agent willing to help you with an Iowa FAIR Plan Association application contact us.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information.
Contact us if you are in one of the counties affected by the flood and need a grace period during which you can take actions necessary to keep your insurance policy in force. As of September 27, 2016 the following counties are affected: Allamakee, Benton, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Cedar, Cerro Gordo, Chickasaw, Delaware, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Linn, Mitchell, Worth and Wright.